7.06.2010

OF A FLICKERING

Cut a circle out of a shadow.
This is what you did. I must have
imperfected our eclipse when
I reached out to snip it with
dull scissors. I'm all a-drum.
One cannot solve the stalemate now.
I'm greenish-white transparent leaves
in the sunlight. Oh! oh! oh!
Your eyes were like force-grown
potatoes, romanticized in a
famous magazine, overwhelming
my eyes at the same time
within the core of the image.
I'm not at the breakfast table writing this,
I hope you know. I just wanted
to tickle the tip of your nose
for a moment. But I exited my lodgings,
tugging at the curtain of the wizard;
our words now mummified,
chiseled into history, the way our
treks perhaps still make the grass whisper,
the way our footprints still rise
to the surface of the sweet earth.




No comments:

Post a Comment