8.18.2010

Adjacent Flares in a Photograph

To allow my brain to be presented
as adjacent flares in a photograph

I imagined myself
as a ventriloquist doll

speaking like an auctioneer
scanning the audience for takers

but the difficulties
of producing the image in my mind

was not like evoking reaction
but instead was the need to stay silent

allowing the surreal simultaneity
of the non-simultaneous

to be indexical similarities--
sound-&-slideshow extravaganzas,

pigments on paper--
& therefore I have determined how

to make holograms touchable.
I recommend this way of thinking

as if you want to touch the source
of the mistaken perfection

as if to speak of "what is living & what is dead"
joining up with this superimposition,

every wall in the room awakening
with a comparitive daguerreotype

when I spin in the sunlight, waiting & weaving,
interacting with isolation,

perhaps like snapping photographs of dreams--
snippets of them re-told with a lack of chronology.





No comments:

Post a Comment