8.09.2010

___________________________________________

8.07.10

Fidel Castro, without a cigar-in-mouth,
just made his first official government
appearance in four years, & I think,
Is this an unusual diss? Meanwhile
I'm thinking of new poems, new ideas
like Polafreuds. Retain the retina's fondle,
fiddle fiddling on the radio, light blinds
the devil as he went down to Georgia,
but he plays a serious role in job figures
being a part of the grim economic picture.
I see featured faces: "Barefoot & Pregnant."
Retin A for Retina. There is a mean-looking
little baby in an ad staring through my monitor
as if to say, "I can't believe you don't have life
insurance." This world, full of mystery,
gas-shush-ness, plaque pineapples & squirmy
Icelandic shelter-like off-loading archaic glasses
for iced days makes me feel legally stylistic
yet weathered. Physical populations on faces
here in this town. Illusions do not have to be
illusions if you do not want them to be,
so here I am, beyond all doubt, hoping to sing
but not hoping to be heard. In a cafe at night,
shadows flip & flop, like foretelling the arrival
of strangers, incomprehensible amidst the noir.




No comments:

Post a Comment