3.14.2011

AN ATOM OR AN ATOM OF ME

"Catch" detail. A place where
light peeks into contours,
unexaggerated by a "fool's gold"
of mind-trickery, but rather
like a cup nearly falling from
a window sill; all of invisible
weight keeping it put, or like
a chair, half-turned, light
on its back; all bite
& no bark. Cat had my tongue, 
my wrist in her majestic mouth,
my hand on her soft belly
the way clouds lay low on a 
dewy ground. If detail
exceeds eyes, study dried fruit
under a microscope; train yourself,
the way things come alive for
different tastes. Blandness of blind
beauty. I noticed a man polishing
a silver leg brace; the loosening up
like an unraveled bow; a gesture
dangled from his eyes; his mouth
curved into exercise. Anatomy of 
every still or unstilled thing
is an atom of me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment