3.14.2011

SCENE

Do I exist outside of a photograph? 
Does a fisherman exist underneath the flat-bottomed
boat?       The moth drew to a flame
                to escape the confines of clustered polluted air. 
                The flame in my heart this moth vibrates. 

You are there; a radio, blaring in my chest.
You are there, as a moth is there, or as seagulls
                      explore a vast shoreline. 

Sunlight glistens off of the docks of my heart; 
dew-covered boards as if inlaid with diamonds. 

Outside on the street I see three boys throwing basketballs
upwards towards a powerline where a lace-tied pair of shoes
hangs. Their failed attempts make them slump-shouldered. 

The sky, duck-egg blue; 
spotted feathers of clouds,
like white ceramic. Blackbirds
hang, soar, maneuver quickly,
leaving traces of sudden blurs
as if scratching words into the 
calming blue sky with goose quills.
Winter trees, barren, with skeletal
fingers nibbling this scene to 
sharpness. 

Contemplative. Meditative. 

I exist outside of a photograph
giving breath to all that I envelop. 



No comments:

Post a Comment