5.20.2013

POST-MODERN PRE-ANTIQUE GEOGRAPHY


What power is & isn
t    
in this generation of
Who Will Save The Day.

Prank of merciless chill
with blood around the mouth.
This is a new story

about confirmation
or disconfirmation
of Uncommon irrationality        

Cleverly executed.
I sat in the darkness
with a cup in-hand

as a woman with strong
-scented perfume
& pink slippers

walked lightly
into the darkness
(my geography).

I felt like an Icon of Film
which works in a strange way
if your garments

are like the framework
of post-colonial discourses
or visual art

digitized by glow-in-the-dark
objects. Am I a mere blooper
waiting to happen?

Inflammatory compulsions.
She said,
My problems range
from loss of love,

loss of heart-rate
and other lady-part stuff.
   
& this is what America is all about


Vegas vegans
meating in turquoise.
The winning numbers

do not matter here.
It
s all about
guns & missiles, shnookums,

spinning several hundred
RPMs like only a president could,
like reaching

a new plateau of maturity.
I must have been alien
or an alien,

abducting her heart.
My camera was jolted
when I photographed her

spinning in sparks
& I must have sounded like a
river-boat gambler.


I fall in love too easily
she said. Its like spinning
around the sun     

as a ghost of Yesteryear
in the universe
s
spin-cycle.

She sold her drama well
like programs that teach
teenagers the dangers

of shaking their babies.
The earth is crying.
The woman in pink shoes

is the earth
& I must be the earthquake        
shaking

in a circumstantial way.
The seal shall be broken.
I said:
Look at it

this way: why so morose? None of us
are getting out of here alive anyway,
so cheer up...





No comments:

Post a Comment