1.26.2011

_______________________________________________________

In the 15th & 16th centuries, it was believed that the mentally ill
were possessed by devils & that touching the patient's body 
would force the demons to seek shelter elsewhere. Today,
they are pushy & insistent. "Everyone needs help." Pharmaceutical
companies are spaniels. We're all terrorists, so they say. 
Every bed-happy government is bent on mythology. Narcissistic
pandemonium. "OUR PUSH-BUTTON HEAVEN." Blow everything
away unless it suggests intimacy. I peep forth laughing from 
amid the watermelon-pink flowers. I stomp a mud-hole in every
comfort-inducing gadget. Underneath my clothes are mountains
of cushions. Underneath my pillows are images that no camera
could capture. I hide my head there, like digging for diamonds.



No comments:

Post a Comment