1.26.2011

TOGETHERNESS

"Togetherness" means something different
for everyone.

A tsar sighs each time a lie is found out,
spellbound by a discovery of enormity,
like Christopher Columbus's eyes,
like bubbling hot springs, can still be felt
in crowded subways.

"Karma" upsets the one that doesn't fiddle,
that waits too long for something to happen,
until one's face turns to bone.

If you x-ray this air, you will see me, in repeats,
slipping soundlessly in the whirling sparks of my               Body,
blown against the grating, as if I were within
an archaeological dustbin--dust, itself,                             clashing
like the sudden ring of hoofs upon tilted tables
of ancient granite. 

I'm a small, gray bird with intuitive sensitivity,
but do not be deceived, for my heart is strong
& unfearful, like a man that takes out his own
tonsils with a cactus. 



1 comment:

  1. Ode to togetherness or to loneliness? Deceived? And to be totally crass about it.. unfuck me! is a good title.

    I cannot even decipher what is the anthem, but a small, gray bird with intuitive sensitivity. Strong heart and and unfearful... the lark flaps her wings and takes delight. I like this one, lad!

    ReplyDelete