1.28.2011

SCULPTURES

Emile Gouche once hand-painted
            his own cigarette           hard-broiled heavy
toxic Magnum Opus          Press the snooze button

We share the same separate journey
      Cobblestoned stretching         I could be a wedding
crasher            at my own wedding

Tonight's weather: veiled purring       The earth growls
     speaks confidence like Bogie: 
                 "She tried to sit in my lap while I was standing up"

(like that)

Let's flee the retro-chivalric worldview
We are both sheltered             closeted-in       Brandy

       is on television showing the world her
high-heels             in her house-sized closet       I "made no bones"

          about overhearing negativity about my "status"
Some people in my family are carrying around
          Incredible Hulks in their guts                   I stir it all in a pot
Clay-form         At ease in my space                 like a poetic body

"There are no gray areas"        Either you love
           or you hate          Foliated ketubah
with your name written as if eyes taste words
           "flatten out the extra air"         ignoramus
Muses you're not            I miss you & I have never met you


No comments:

Post a Comment